By Randy Nettles
Today is the day Jesus rode into Jerusalem on a donkey as the king of the Jews, but was rejected as such. Today is Nisan 10 on the Jewish calendar as it was in AD 33. It is also a Sunday, as it was back then. The date was March 27, 33 BC on our modern Gregorian calendar.
4 days later, on Nisan 14, Jesus was crucified on the cross. It was the Passover feast and occurred on a Thursday in the year AD 33. This year’s Passover will occur on April 18, 2019 and will also be on a Thursday. The date was March 31, BC on our Gregorian calendar.
3 days later, on Nisan 17 Jesus was resurrected from the dead. It was the Feast of Firstfruits and occurred on a Sunday. The date was April 3, 33 BC on our Gregorian calendar. This year’s F.O.F. will occur on April 21, 2019 and will also be on a Sunday. It is also known as Easter Sunday or Resurrection Sunday.
I think days of the week might be important in Bible prophecy. I will show this in the example below. This year of AD 2019 mimics AD 33 in regards to the Jewish calendar and the days of the week calendar.
The Rapture is imminent (possibly very imminent) and could happen anytime. What day of the week will it occur on …who knows? What is your best guess? Maybe lucky number 7 or 3 (third time is a charm) could be the day. 5 is the number for grace, etc., etc. What year…who knows? Let’s hope and pray it is this year.
Let’s say the Rapture happens between now and the end of November in AD 2021. That is when the Tribulation (Jacob’s Trouble) will begin in the following example. This example is based upon Israel being 80 years old in 2028. It is also based upon the 1230 days – 1290 days “in the midst” theory regarding the 2520 day duration of the Tribulation (go to https://www.raptureready.com/2019/01/18/ancient-calendars-feast-days) . The product of 360 X 7 is 2520…so whatever day of the week the Tribulation starts on, it will end on the same day of the week.
1) The A.C. will confirm the covenant with the many on November 26, 2021; Kislev 23; Friday. It is interesting that it occurs on a Friday because of the “seventy sevens” prophecy of Daniel 9:24-27. Think about it. Jesus’ last day (when he was “cut off”) was on a Thursday (go to https://gracethrufaith.com/topical-studies/holidays-and-holy-days/solving-the-three-day-three-night-mystery/). This was the last day of the 483rd year of Daniel’s prophecy. The time of day was 3:00 pm (Jerusalem time). There would only be 3 hours left in the day before they could bury Jesus for they could do no work the following day which was a Sabbath (special Sabbath of the Feast of Firstfruits). So, the last day of the 483rd year was on a Thursday. I think it is highly likely that the resumption of the 483rd year will be on the following day of Friday. This scenario fits.
2) 1230 days later on April 9, 2025; Nisan 12 (2 days after “Palm Sunday”); Wednesday, the A.C. will commit the A.O.D. Israel will be 77 years old in the year AD 2025. Double 7’s is perhaps significant. This starts the “Great Tribulation” of the last 3.5 years before Jesus’ 2nd Coming to the earth.
3) 1260 days later on September 20, 2028; Tishri 1 (Feast of Trumpets); Wednesday, Jesus will return to the earth at the battle of Armageddon. The A.C. and false prophet will be destroyed at this time and the Judgements of God (seals, trumpets, vials) will have ended.
4) 30 days later on October 20, 2028; Heshvan1; Friday, Daniels’ last 7 (Daniel 9:24) will finish and Jesus will then set up His Millennium Kingdom on earth. This will be the 1290th day since the A.O.D. (Daniel 12:11). Israel will be 80 years old at this time. Moses said: ”by reason of strength” (Psalm 90:10) a man can live to be 80 years old. Modern Israel will live to be eighty by God’s strength, not their own.
5) 45 days later; the 1335th day (Daniel 12:13), December 8, 2028; Kislev 17; Monday, the Wedding Feast of the Lamb will begin. “And he said unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb” (Revelation 19:9). Blessed is the key word as it is mentioned in both Daniel 12:12 and Revelation 19:9.
6) Approximately 1000 years later, God/Jesus/Holy Spirit will create a new heaven and a new earth (Revelation 21:1) and eternity will begin.
How does that sound? Of course it is only a hypothetical example.